Email marketing is still one of the most effective ways to reach your target audience when it comes to effective credit union marketing. In fact, according to a study by HubSpot, email marketing has an average ROI of $38 for every $1 spent.
But in order to be successful, you need to keep up with the latest trends.
One of the biggest trends is personalization. Members are increasingly expecting personalized experiences from their credit union, and email is no exception. Credit unions can use personalization to tailor their emails to each individual recipient, which can lead to higher open rates, click-through rates, and conversions.
For example, a credit union could personalize their emails by using the recipient’s name, or by including information about their account history. They could also use segmentation to target their emails to different groups of customers, such as new customers, existing customers, or customers who have shown an interest in certain products or services.
Another important trend is automation. Automation can help credit unions save time and money on their email marketing campaigns. There are a number of email marketing automation tools available that can help credit unions send targeted emails based on subscriber behavior, segment their lists, and track results.
For example, a credit union could use automation to send a welcome email to new members, or to send a reminder email to members who have an upcoming bill due or have shown interest in a specific product offered on their site.
Finally, mobile is still king. More and more people are using their smartphones to access email, so it’s important for credit unions to make sure their emails are optimized for mobile devices. This includes using responsive design, keeping emails short and to the point, and using high-quality images.
By following these trends, credit unions can ensure that their email marketing campaigns are effective and reach their target audience.
Here are some additional tips for credit unions to improve their email marketing campaigns and stay on trend all at the same time:
- Subject Line Testing: Getting your members to open your email is the first step in getting them to take their next step with you so make sure that your subject lines are engaging, short and concise. A/B testing your email subject line is also a great way to figure out what will grab your members or potential members attention.
- Use Video: When you use video in your emails, you can capture your subscribers’ attention and keep them engaged. There are a number of ways to use video in your emails, such as embedding videos, creating GIFs, or using animated images.
- Integrate Drip Campaigns: These campaigns involve sending a series of emails over time, each with a specific goal. For example, you could send a drip campaign to welcome new subscribers, or to educate leads about your products or services.
- Social Media Integration: When you integrate your social media accounts with your email marketing platform, you can share your emails on social media, track social media mentions, and even add social media buttons to your emails.
- Measure the RIGHT things: Open rate is not the only email metric, make sure that you are also tracking your Click-through rate, conversion rate, bounce rate and list growth rate
Email marketing can be a powerful tool for credit unions to reach their members and achieve their business goals when implementing their credit union marketing plans.