Here you will find all the steps you need to make edits to the website.
Creating A Blog Post
- Create a new post in the WordPress dashboard.
- Insert copy into editor right beneath the title – you will not need to open Elementor at all 🙂
- You’ll notice a new setting at the very bottom that asks if this blog contains a SharpSpring form. If it does, click yes. If not, click no. If the new post does include a form, you will be able to add a custom CTA to go along with it.
- In order to display the form you will need to create a new Elementor block. This can be done by clicking Enter after the copy. You’ll see a + icon appear on hover, allowing you to search for a new block. Once clicked, search for Elementor Library.
- Once the Elementor block has been added, a list of all the templates used on the site will populate. If you scroll down you’ll notice there are a quite a few labeled SharpSpring. Click the one that fits your blog.
- Additionally, you can add a featured image, category, and author.
- Remember, don’t forget to click Update as you go to ensure changes are being saved!
- Once all these steps are done, make sure to check the page. If everything looks correct, you are good to go!
Adding a Team Member
- In order to add a team member, you will need to go into Elementor. This can be done by navigating to the YMC Team page and clicking on Edit With Elementor in the black topbar.
- There are a few steps to setting up a new member. First, hover on an existing person and click duplicate. Drag the person to the next available column. If a new row needs to be created, you can right click and do the same on any existing row. Second, change name, title, and photos. The normal image is changed by clicking on any team member box > Content tab > Choose Image. The second (silly image) is changed by clicking on team member box > Style tab > Image (under background image label) Click Update.
- Once new team member has been added the last step is to link to their bio. Navigate back to main WordPress dashboard. Hover on Templates (on left navigation bar) and click Popups. You’ll notice each staff member has their own. If you hover on any team member you are able to Export Template. Once the template has downloaded, click on the Import Template button at the very top, choose file, and import. A duplicated version of a previous team member will appear at top. Change the name of the new popup and save.
- Once the new popup has been created, hover and click Edit with Elementor. Change the image, title and copy, then click Update.
- Lastly, navigate back to the YMC Team page. Hover on column that new team member is in. Click on the Layout tab and change the Column Link. Click on the Popup label and a drop down will appear. Click on Popup again and you will be able to search for the new team member popup you just created. (Make sure to name the popup the same as the team member so that it is easy to find).
- Once the new team member has been created and popup linked, click Update > Save and Close.
- Navigate to the YMC Team page and check to make sure everything is working correctly.
Creating New Teal Paper
- Navigate to WordPress Dashboard and click on Posts.
- You’ll notice the category, Teal Paper.
- Create new post and assign it to the Teal Paper Category.
- Set featured image
- At very bottom, under Teal Paper Download, upload file and set Download Button CTA.
- Click Update.
- View page to make sure everything looks correct and button is linked.